Saturday, October 20, 2007

We made it!

Brett left on Wednesday night to head to St. Louis, and thus left me to handle "my three sons".
All three boys were sort of healthy on Thursday and I left the house at 6:50 a.m. and deposited the boys in their respective daycare facilities. I had a doctor's appointment on Thursday scheduled for a 2 month well baby check-up for Kelton, but had to change it to a sick visit because Kelton was running a fever during the night and all day. He's been eating just fine and had wet diapers, so he's not dehydrated. He told me that if Kelton runs a temperature of more than 100.5, then I am to give him tylenol. The good news is that he wasn't running a fever higher than 100.5 (the doctor said that babies run a higher body temperature than 98.7 degrees and that it was not uncommon for them to be in the 99's or a bit higher).
Thursday night was fabulous! Baths were done by 6:30 and they boys watched a little t.v. with my friend, Stacey, who watched them while I went to dinner with some girl friends. Friday morning went just as well as Thursday, we left the house at 6:55 and I was even able to swing by McDonalds for breakfast (I forgot to make my morning oatmeal).
I thought that the rest of the day would go just as well, but I got a phone call at 9:30 from preschool where Levi was complaining that his tummy hurt and it was hard for him to breathe. So, without Brett being around to come get him, I went to preschool and picked him up. Levi got to spend the rest of the day attending high school classes with me. :)
I called the doctor about Kelton's urine test and still no news. No bacteria counts higher than 50,000 (it's bad if they are in the 100,000's). The doc thinks that everything is fine.
Friday night went great! We ordered pizza, watched a movie, had baths and we were all in bed by 8:30 p.m.!!!
Thanks for all of your prayers during this last week with the boy's illness. I think that we've overcome the sickness.

No comments: